Tuesday 11 March 2008

"30 in 30" Days 4 & 5

Day 4 - hour on the turbo. It was lashing with rain and getting soaked before work isn't my idea of a good time. Legs were heavy. Just about made it.

Day 5 - another hour on the turbo. It really wasn't happening today. Could barely get my legs to go round, spinning at a high rpm just seemed a chore. And it took at least 20 minutes to get my heart rate up to 140bpm - I'll have to check it in the morning to see what's going on. I'd forgotten just how much it makes my backside hurt as well.

I'm gonna have to try and get outside tomorrow. Spending two hours on a turbo trainer in two days has left me with too much time to think. Far, far too much time to think. Some of it was deep self-analysis (I won't bore you with that stuff), other stuff was totally random.

It really is amazing where the mind wanders if you give it the chance, lurching from one thought to another. God alone knows how I connected the holly tree, the bathroom, mountain bike tyres, venison pie, my waterproof trousers and Christopher Dean. But these were just some of the subjects of my thoughts in a ten minute time frame - hardly a game of word assocation! (Actually, the thought about Christoper Dean, the ice-skater, lasted substantially longer than many of the rest, but I won't go into that either...)

No comments: