Wednesday 19 September 2007

Back to school...

First day back at work today and even though it's been many a year since I experienced the big summer holiday, it still has that feel about it - the fun is over, normal life resumes, packed lunch is made, bag packed, there's that slight chill in the air that tells you autumn is on the way and the nights are drawing in. Every good holiday comes to an end I suppose.

At least I'm away again this weekend for the final round of the NPS at Coed-y-Brenin. Not that I'm looking forward to it. Two weeks of alcohol consumption that would make my doctor cringe even if I halved the daily amount and then knocked a few units off for good measure, never ending amounts of fried food and grilled cheese, and umpteen 4am finishes, have not surprisingly taken their toll and my body is showing the signs of giving in to a cold of some sort. That was blindingly obvious. Still, I shall persevere, then take a few weeks to chill out, rejuvenate and replenish my bank account by actually doing some work. Ho hum...

No comments: